The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
GeoCaching

209 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moggymiaow
121 posts

Re: Co-operation?
Jan 23, 2003, 21:49
I guess I am going to disagree with the rest of the TMA lot on this one.
I personally do not have a problem with caches left in non historical location. I do have a problem with the apparent permanency of them though.
For me it would be better if they were placed there for a few weeks and then removed. Having to find it in an allotted timespace would add to the fun of it.

I personally think the rather high and mighty approach taken by many here is out of order.You cannot expect everyone to share your viewpoint, and yelling and swearing at them is no way to go about changing their views.

Be constructive and help them to have as little impact on the environment as possible.
For someone to be willing to go through their entire database and review the location of caches is a huge job, and the sign on an someone with a conscience for the environment. That has to be good.
Perhaps there is an alternative to the lunch box thing which is not purely virtual.

I can see the fun side to geocaching afterall I got into tma as a reason to go for a walk - not all that different really. Admitedly I have since got hooked and spend all my time reading up on the subject
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index