GeoCaching

209 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
capn_skully
capn_skully
4 posts

Re: GeoCaching
Jan 23, 2003, 13:27
Do you have a policy of last one out sweep the floor? I don't think so.

I think we all appreciate your wanting to get out and about in the countryside and see new things, but please, don't leave stuff behind ... not even a lunch box.

Tom, while I am very new to this hobby of geocaching I can only tell you this. If I find that I can no longer maintain my caches I intend to gather them in and "archive" them. I am hoping in about three or four years to begin a yacht charter business and I doubt I will have time for this activity. At that time you can be assured my caches will be cleaned up.

You are also correct, native Americans have a much older history than the Europeans on this continent. Believe me the native American sites are as jealously guarded as your sites in Britian.

On a lake near my home in Louisiana are several "Indian Mounds" these mounds were burial places as well as just trash piles. Believe me no caches are placed there and the entire area is while remote is well protected by the local Native Americans as well as the local authorities.

I like to add that calling us names and threatening us with bats won't settle things. You have my assurance that I won't damage important historical areas. You also have my assurance that I will be the first to join in and condem any geocacher that does.

Can we virtually shake hands and be friends??
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index