The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
GeoCaching

209 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Cache Man
6 posts

Re: GeoCaching
Jan 23, 2003, 01:45
Actually there are more than one Geocaching sites. My favorite is www.navicache.com which is the second largest and most friendly due to the simple fact they are not trying to profit off of people having fun.

At Geocaching.com you have every type of article tossed at you...Geo-compass, shirts, hats, containers, stickers, key chains, banner ad's, and the list goes on.
You are also asked (though not forced YET!) to pay 30.00 a year to help maintain the website. Now this 30.00 when you muliply it by an average amount of people that paid this is quite a very large sum of money.
It is clear that Geocaching.com does not care for our parks, our lands, or even if you have a good time with the family. However they do care for the money you bring to the website.

Navicache.com takes in cache submissions and does not ram anything down your throat, they ask for no money to play, and the only thing they sell is T shirts.

I like the sport and submit all my caches at navicache.com

If it wasn't for someone telling you about these boxes in the woods you would never know about it, they dont place them in the middle of trails and are kept out of direct site.

Don't bash something you dont like for that reason alone. You have your likes and cachers have theirs...respect it and let it go.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index