Pages: 21 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: GeoCaching
Jan 22, 2003, 06:47
What does 'planting a cache' involve?

If it involves digging a hole at a monument and hiding something then you can all FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!!!! You'll get no support here.

If it doesn't then - hi!

Oh and please don't abuse The Modern Antiquarian as an advertising space for your little games or as a place for hiding clues. That is not what the site is about :-)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

And while I'm at it ...
Jan 22, 2003, 06:55
We don't do CHURCHES !!!!

The site is about ancient & interesting stuff, not 18th century churches.

Thanks.
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 07:45
Hi Pid! Hi Dan!
All your geocaching-centric posts have been removed, and your accounts suspended. If you want to have a cry about it, please email [email protected] and we will explain why!

H.
lobsterboy
lobsterboy
54 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 08:42
Quote: "If it involves digging a hole at a monument and hiding something then you can all FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!!!! You'll get no support here.

If it doesn't then - hi!"

I'd just like to point out - it doesn't involve digging a hole and never should.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 10:05
That's one re-assurance .. thanks

What does it involve .. loosely?
Kaipaith
27 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 10:42
I'm impressed that such an apparently intelligent individual can make such a snap judgement about an activity.

I've been caching for a year, and value the opportunity it gives me to see monuments and sites of interest - in some cases, it was the best way to find such locations until I stumbled onto this site not more than two minutes ago. Talk about two worlds colliding!

Can I just clarify that caching does *not* involve burying the box... and that information was available on the website that the first poster presented.

Secondly, while I do not condone any advertising in forums - everyone hates UCE's - Geocaching is not the little game you suggest - there is no need to be so patronising, or grotesque.
Pagan Dawn
Pagan Dawn
65 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 11:50
OOOERRR !!!!
Seems like we don't like your type round 'ere !!
Is this a local site for local people ??
???8o\
what the bloody hells going on ?????????

<goin surfin to find out>
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 11:53
I think this idea's pretty grotesque - and this is straight from the website he recommended:

Larger caches may consist of a waterproof plastic bucket placed tastefully within the local terrain. The bucket will contain the logbook and any number of more or less valuable items. These items turn the cache into a true treasure hunt. You never know what the founder or other visitors of the cache may have left there for you to enjoy. Remember, if you take something, its only fair for you to leave something in return. Items in a bucket cache could be: Maps, books, software, hardware, CD's, videos, pictures, money, jewelry, tickets, antiques, tools, games, etc. It is recommended that items in a bucket cache be individually packaged in a clear zipped plastic bag to protect them.

What shouldn't be in a cache?
Use your common sense in most cases. Explosives, ammo, drugs, and alcohol shouldn't be placed in a cache.

So you definitely have to leave something - even if it's not in a BUCKET. What about the countryside code - take nothing but pictures leave nothing but footprints???
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 11:55
How dare you assume I'm intelligent! Don't worry about it I'm known as a bit of a twat sometimes (now that opens me up to all sorts).

I retract the 'little game' statement, as judging by the size of the board, it's a big game :-)

I have no problem with advertising of activities in the forum - after all it's here to communicate with people. My problem was with blatant advertising on the Modern Antiquarian website (in postings) - misuse of a FREE resource that many people take a great deal of time to contribute to.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 11:58
I'd like clarification of "within the local terrain" - sounds like it's in a hole to me!

I've sussed it out now. It's like dungeons and dragons with a GPS :-)
Pages: 21 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index