The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
GeoCaching

209 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kaipaith
27 posts

Re: F***!!!!!
Jan 22, 2003, 12:27
Damn... I've only been here five minutes and it feels like all I'm doing is defending one of my other pastimes. That's not the case, but I do have to say this...

Part of the Geocaching ideology is that cachers should not *ever* damage local terrain. That's both the placers, *and* the hunters.

When a cache is at a monument, the cache (I won't call it a bucket.... it never is. It is usually far smaller, and often a micro cache in places of interest) is often placed a fair distance away, at a location that provides a nice view of the monument and/or local surroundings.

You'll have also noticed on the front page of the site the motto: "Cache In - Trash Out" which all cachers, to a certain degree, try to follow. In toher words, if they see rubbish on the way to the cache, they'll help clear it up.

I must reiterate: Geocaching does not seek to damage sites of interest, and if it is found to do so at any location, take it up with the webmasters at that site, as they can ensure no further damage is done, and take action against those responsible.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index