Natural or Induced?

121 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Electric saws and trees
Aug 31, 2012, 18:02
Despite motifs and particularly cups being occasionally “marking “ the edges of surfaces there are those cases where quarrying has cut through the motifs however I don't think either side of the Glascorrie arcs have been quarried that's partly why I mentioned it , the main reason is that it gives an impression but is minimalist ,here's another http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/10383/black_burn.html when you draw what is there it's not much just odd bits of arc but it gives the impression of being something more coherent , there is even an example of the markings at the edge which is probably the same effect and not the result of quarrying although it is not as clear as Glascorrie .

The Galician weapons are similar to the British but Bradley quoting Pena suggests that they resemble those found in northern Portugal .

Yes ,I contributed some pics to Stan's last rock art book . Was the Azerbaijan conversation about the rosette near Baku which is similar to one found on Corstorphine Hill ?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index