The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Natural or Induced?

121 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postman
848 posts

Re: Natural or Induced?
Aug 27, 2012, 16:11
The winter solstice doesn't show that winter is waning, i'd have said the opposite, that winter is about to kick in properly.
I don't see why our beliefs couldn't have filtered into they're belief systems, our stone erecting culture predates dynastic Egypt by as much as a thousand years.

I think that it is in built, A 2005 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that the non-religious made up about 11.9% of the world's population, and atheists only about 2.3%. So it would seem that atheism is the aberrant behavior, if that many people believe in something greater than themselves it must prove something. Either that there is something or we are massively deluding ourselves for no real purpose.

Those people who entered cathedrals and were led into believing what they were told, might have already had an inkling that the world is stranger than it seems, they had questions, they had experiences, they turned to those who said they were in the know, but then got pulled away into the wrong direction. There might be something to religion, but it will only ever be someones interpretation of that something. All religions are right and wrong.

I have no leanings towards any one religion, I am not religious, but I will defend to the hilt for the right of god/s and the after life to exist.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index