207 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Paul Barford
40 posts

Re: Afore ye go....
Jun 02, 2007, 15:56
kevmar wrote:
it could be seen as a kind of lessening of my stance
no actually it would undoubtedly be seen as you providing the information asked for and in the spirit in which it was entrusted to you by the detectorists that actually did the WORK. Too bad, your refusal to do so can ONLY be taken at this stage as meaning that the results are as unfavourable to detecting as we say they are. Prove us wrong.

kevmar wrote:
Take this any way you like, if you publish any of my work in part or full, or refer to me in any recognisable way, I'll not only sue you,
but your publisher too. No further comment
Oooo, we're really scared by that - about as scared as we were the last two times you've issued a similar threat... you're getting a bit repetetive Kev.

Truth is, you personally do not figure in this book at all, not a mention. In the past couple of years, I am sorry to say, you have not produced a single quotable quote of relevance to anything we are writing. All along, all you have been capable of is the same type of trollish aggro and puerile jibes about "buttons" and the suchlike as we see here. That's hardly the way to literary immortality in our book. There are far more articulate advocates of artefact collecting to quote.

But the UKDN survey, oh yes, we have mentioned that, in Chapter six. Right between the English Heritage report, information from the PAS Annual Reports and other documents about rallies, and some useful information we found published in "the Searcher".
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index