local tv: metal detectorists vs archaeologists
This topic is locked

207 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cymap
24 posts

Re: To save anyone the trouble....
May 30, 2007, 09:12
Perhaps you need to understand google to see why that has happened. It may have something to do with what Ebay pay google for adwords. As for being directed at me I have never sold one find, neither do I search for finds to sell.
You say about the figures being shameful. I do not see archeologists all over the countryside recovering these so called artifacts. So what happens when the plough and the power harrow gets them. I think you counter should actually say 9,000,000+ artifacts recovered and saved from destruction. Its a good job copper Georgian is not rare as I have about 100 that have been recovered and I cant see his portrait on any of them. Ruined by farming methods and erosion. Crotal bells , beehive thimbels, coinage, and other artifacts mangled and smashed to peices. Most of these finds may I add found in the top 6-8 inches plough soil.
Yes of course there are undesirables within the hobby and may I add in every walk of life(corrupt police officers, government officials, teachers,Military forces). But please dont be so niave as to tar us all with the same brush.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index