Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Re: To save anyone the trouble....
May 30, 2007, 12:13
Hi Paul -

Paul Barford wrote:
Paulus, I am sorry if it came over that way...

Cheers. But it was this which did it for me: "don't moan about "feeling insulted", get on with making a case. But do it somewhere else please."

Paul Barford wrote:

Paulus appears to disagree with my own view that TMA is not the ideal medium for "metal detectorists" to come over from their own forums to dismiss the significance of the HA figures and use their customary tactics against those who raise such questions.

If TMA is a place where ANTI-metal-detector issues can be brought up, then they have every right to put their case to defend themselves. If you disagree with such a right, equally, keep metal-detector issues off this forum. The logic in what you've just said, taken further, says, "I can say what I want about you here, but you've no right of redress." I think someone elsewhere called it right: "control freak" mentality.

You might be surprised to find, therefore, that I have issues against certain metal-detectorists misself, but find bad attitudes only breeds bad attitudes. (And I can be damn good at that one!)

All the best - Paul
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index