Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Stone shifting - was it just about effort?

92 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
TomBo
TomBo
1629 posts

levitation
Jan 20, 2004, 08:26
Has anyone else seen this amazing party trick?....

I was at a party a few years ago and we got to talking about levitation, as you do, and someone there said that they'd seen something that had made them believe that it was possible. This mate of mine got about ten of us to stand in a circle, with another person sitting on a chair in the centre of it. He got everone in the circle to clasp their hands together, with their index fingers pointing forwards (its kind of hard to describe this exactly - the basic effect was that each person in the circle had their index fingers pointing at the ground in front of them). He then got us all to touch the person on the chair with the tips of our fingers, at the same time instructing us to all breathe frantically, and in unison. After a few (rather frenzied) minutes of us all breathing together in this way he told us all to lift the person out of the chair, using our fingertips only. We did, and he seemed to weigh nothing at all. We lifted him right up out of his seat until he was maybe three or four feet above it, and we had him suspended in the air for a few seconds on the tips of our fingers alone. Suddenly it was as if his weight came back (we'd all stopped breathing together by this point), and we lowered him (with a bit of a bump) back into the chair. It completely blew my mind! (and that of everyone else involved)

I'm not suggesting that this has anything to do with stone shifting, or even that there isn't a scientific explanation for it. I'm just saying that it was amazing, and that it suggested to me that "there is more in heaven and earth than your philosophers will ever know".

Anyone experienced anything similar?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index