This is great! I think we're finally getting down to it!
I absolutely agree that the siting of monuments was not "accidental." Certainly one doesn't place a recumbent stone circle intended to have the moon skim its recumbent in a dense forest from which the moon isn't visible!
So, when the People of the Burial Cairn at 2,00 Feet Village struggled and slogged and well nigh killed themselves building that thing, were they...
1. Elevating the ancestors as close to the Goddesses and Gods of Natural Forces as they could be, the better to intercede on the Peoples' behalf against the terrible Forces of Destruction of Crops and Inflictors of Disease?
2. Creating a Sanctuary where People could commune with and be inspired by Natural Forces?
3. Warning the Bums From the Valley On the Other Side that the People of the Burial Cairn at 2,00 Feet Village were still tough and determined and well enough organized that those Bums better NOT try any more of their despicable pig raiding?
4. Some combination of some of the above?
5. Something else entirely?
6. In one instance, one of the above, and in another instance 1,000 miles away a DIFFERENT one of the above?