Pagan Christianity?

121 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Branwen
824 posts

Edited Nov 09, 2009, 18:33
Re: Pagan Christianity?
Nov 09, 2009, 18:30
I don't see anything wrong in being anti those things too. Just pointing out those types aren't interested in warrior lore and make up the bulk of pagan manhood, explaining why warrior lore isn't popular.

Violence and arrogance comment is somewhat confusing. An asshole is an asshole whether a warrior or not, and I don't stereotype warriors because they are capable of violence on the battlefield.

Having said that, if all the arrogant, violent men went into the forces, they would have a place to be so in a constructive way, without bothering the rest of us. The loss of a warrior caste means those types find their violence elsewhere, maybe.

You ever read "The Gate To Women's Country" by Sherri S Tepper? This link spoils the plot for you if you are going to read it, but if you aren't has a summary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gate_to_Women's_Country Its about a post apocalyptic matriarchy with a warrior caste of men kept separate.

I enjoyed the fictional life of Boudica by Manda Scott. Being fiction, it had to fill in the gaps in our knowledge with imagination, but where facts are known, they were used.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index