Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Pagan Christianity?
Oct 28, 2009, 22:57
hotaire wrote:
Hello tjj,

I'm not for one moment trying to diminish the many evils Christian authorities have committed. They're undeniable, and, as Bladup said, often horrific. Nor am I dismissing Bladup - he's right in saying there's a principle of freedom of speech involved here. I just don't think the available evidence supports his notion that Christians (or any one sect) are solely responsible for harming the earth (a point ably expanded by tiompan - thanks, t). As I said, we've all done our bit.

While I'm here, isn't it time you expanded your profile a bit? The 18.61 year average lunar cycle you gave earlier is spot on. Your 19+19+18 is, I understand, due to Earth having insufficient gravitational pull to lock such a large moon into a steady orbit. So where are you coming from tjj - archaeology, astronomy, psychiatric nursing for the moonstruck, what?

Thanks for your reply Hotaire.
I do not claim to have any astronomical knowledge other than what I have learnt by reading posts made by people like Tiompan. The quote you refer to was taken (by author Barbara Walker) from J.A. MacCulloch’s “The Religions of the Ancient Celts” (1911)

As for where I coming from … I’m just someone with a love of nature, a thirst for knowledge and a particular interest in the prehistory of the British Isles and Ireland – studying mythology and the history of religion is all part of that. This thread has been full of information and ideas, I’ve enjoyed reading it and participating in it though perhaps it has run its course now.

I am lucky enough to have just been given on loan a copy of John Michell’s last work (recently published) “How the World is Made – the story of creation according to Sacred Geometry” It is a very beautiful book full John Michell’s illustrations from the 1960s onwards so I am going shut up for a bit and get reading before I have to return the book.

best wishes
june
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index