tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Pagan Christianity?
Oct 27, 2009, 13:36
dodge one wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
seeing those 2 words together makes me feel sick , i read it as good bad, christianity tried to destroy paganism and utterly failed ,there was always only going to be 1 winner and it was never going to be their invisible desert sky god...

Oh come, come. Some Christians burn people and some pagans eat people..... I don't think you can say one lot are good and the other lot aren't.

the amount of deaths[murder] at the hands of christians is fucking obscene and like gore vidal said "the only light you'll get from a christian is when you burn them"

Please feel free to NEVER engage me in any post/thread activities. I SHUN you. You are a profoundly disturbed individual. You only heap on more HATE in this poor old world.

You've put that in a very powerful way Dodge ... I am following this thread with great interest; there has been some scholarly debate and I have learnt a lot. As it happens I was brought up a catholic and had my road to Damascus in reverse one frosty February morning when the sun came up in a burst of brilliance and I saw the light ... literally (it turned out to be Imbolc). When I realised all the lies/fear I had been fed as a child I was very angry about christianity, particularly the catholic variety. I found myself thinking less of a person when I found out they were a christian and by and large they do tend to be a pain in the arse. Then occasionally you meet someone who turns all your prejudice on its head and astonishes you with true kindness and goodness ... but I guess that sort of person would be the same with or without religion. I've met some atheists who are a pain in the arse too.

When you break it down most religions are about power and control and for more and more people the only thing that matters is Nature and saving planet Earth for our grandchildren to enjoy as we have ... everything else is really just a diversion.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index