Pagan Christianity?

121 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Branwen
824 posts

Edited Nov 08, 2009, 19:36
Re: Pagan Christianity?
Nov 08, 2009, 19:11
tjj - I dunno why there isn't much about this stuff on the internet yet, the All-Father is mentioned enough, and all the individual customs are all there. It survives in folk customs now, but rarely appears in paganism. Perhaps its because modern paganism appeals to women and men drawn to female earth religions usually. Women have lost interest in warrior side of things, and need to have chosen early in life to be able to follow that path anyway, so for them, it's died out. The men are often the kind that would have joined the hippie culture back in the day; eco-friendly, anti-war and anti-establishment types. The men are also drawn to the Druid side of things too, and the warrior class was seperate from the Druid class. Then there's the pagan men that just like the odds, women outnumbering men in paganism, and are there for extremely "earthy" reasons like trying to get laid at Beltane. So not many men interested in the warrior side of things in paganism to join all the dots. (I have the feeling if pagan women went around asking "how can I honour the warrior in you" at midsummer - it might attract more men to the warrior side of things). I grew up a pagan too, so it might be my viewpoint, seeing the competitions with that outlook and making the connections. Then again, a lot of stuff I've studied doesn't appear on the internet.

paulus - I've been put down sarcastically in pagan circles for asking why older stuff from the british mystery traditions isn't preserved, usually by didgerdoo playing, native sweat-lodge building, multi-culture robbing rejects from the aforementioned hippie era who would rather have something "cool" than something "difficult". Then again, you have to worry about cost and being sued these days. You can hand them this stuff on a plate and they would still rather go with the fakery. Brigadooning paddywhackers..... ::mutters darkly:: LOL
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index