What is better than Capitalism?

180 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Nature
Sep 11, 2003, 00:02
"I believe that human nature isn't wholly responsible for nuclear proliferation, paranoia and power politics are in contravention to so the'natural order', surely?"

If humans aren't responsible than "what" is?

How can anything humans do contradict the natural order? Aren't we a part of it?

For that matter, what ISN'T part of "the natural order"? Even aliens (if they exist) are creatures of "nature" aren't they? (Albeit an "extra-terrestrial" nature.)

If we blow ourselves up, Mama always has the dolphins. And cockroaches, they can survive anything. ;-)

(You're not one of those nasty Judeo-Christians who believe "De Lawd gave us dominion over the plants & animals" are you?) ;-)

"Power politics" is an interesting subject to ponder though. There does seem to be "something" that separates us from animals, and I think that's "symbolic thinking." Language and stuff, the ability to think "abstractly" and "theoretically."

But I suspect this difference from the animals is more one of "quantity" than "quality." We's still animals, just a lot smarter. For example dogs make different sounds and "gestures" to communicate with each other -- they're just very simple (leave me alone, let's fuck, etc.) I think that's a primitive form of "language."
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index