U-Know! Forum »
What is better than Capitalism?

180 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: Technology!
Sep 09, 2003, 22:13
That joke was not a way of saying we had to go backward. It was a way of saying we do not HAVE to all be mass consumers. We cannot 'go back to nature', nature is held in contempt of our collective ego. We like to think that there were no happy, productive people before industrialisation, and the only way forward is by filling up the 'space' with more and more consumers, longer and longer lives, and unchecked 'growth'. 'Growth' means everything, from employment to increased military hardware. I actually believe that sustainable technology can eventually give us the means to enjoy a more natural environment again. I am not an advocate of the 'box' concept of life, living and working in boxes with boxlike transit systems. A full and active, harmonic life means being part of the natural world we live in, not to just supplant it with man-made goods. Don't ask me how to qualify this, it just DOES, ok!

Enhancement and harmony is a real goal I believe, not violent growth and development for the sake of profit alone.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index