U-Know! Forum »
What is better than Capitalism?

180 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: War
Sep 10, 2003, 22:11
If you go back to "caveman days" before anything was "taught" I'm sure they were beating each other over the head on need & greed issues then too.

Maybe Native American written lore has some clues about life before "modern life". And I'm sure you'll find that all cultures are different, largely because of their environment. We have the wealth and the knowledge to physically change our environment now, so we aren't so 'dependent' on it (at face value),but we've tried the 'machines for living in approach' and reaped the consequential disasters. I believe things are changing for the better, slowly. I think we can use knowledge from past cultures and apply it to our own. But we can't do that if we're constantly being taught ONLY competition. The american system of 'contest mobility' is something I take great issue with, notably in the schools, it's a very cynical and disabling process for the 'underachievers' and not everyone ca be StephenHawkings, although we are told it daily by the champions of the 'Free World. '

I'm challenging my own snobbery when I ask why MTV personalities are 'worth' more, and have more wealth than the dustman who cleans their shit up. This is because I don't understand the complexities of capitalism. I'm trying to learn, you're a great debater Mr Dog. :-)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index