Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Just messing.
Mar 09, 2013, 20:40
bladup wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
I understand what's gone on now - The outcrops on Zennor hill are very rounded indeed, but that's not the nearest tor to Zennor Quoit though, Sperris hill outcrops are the closest, so that's probably where the stones for Zennor Quoit came from, now those outcrops are from a lot squarer shaped stones, loads less rounded than the Zennor hill ones, and would have needed hardly any working at all, apart from the bumps to stop slippage, this fit's all aspects on site and answers all the questions, it's has been written down by other people that the Stones of Zennor quoit came from the Sperris outcrops as well, also because of there squareness, there's no quarries but there is Squarish stones and they're the nearest stones to the quoit as well.

Here they are Paul
https://picasaweb.google.com/100525707086862773355/ZennorTorStones?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPRn76_0pq6Cw#5853442113996370818

Yes, shall we make one? ; > } and i see TSC put on some great photo's earlier as well of the rounded Zenner hill outcrops and the more squarish Sperris quoit ones, did you see them? and i was surprised to hear you didn't go look at the sad remains of Sperris Quoit when you were there as it's only a few 100 yards away from Zennor quoit, there's always next time though, i bet it would shock you how close you were to it.

Ha, when I was there I couldn't see 5 yards in front of me the first time and needed my two guide dogs. The second time I was on a mission, did that then was away without looking around. Do you want to see some more shots I took, ones an aerial?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index