bladup
1986 posts

Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger/Dymond Ground Plan
Mar 06, 2013, 19:54
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
It doesn't look right because the back end of the capstone has pushed the backstone into the chamber and was then lucky [or forward thinking builders] to then rest on the side slabs, making that crazy sloping angle, it would have had a slope but not that much, Why didn't you talk to us all while writing your book?

Why would I want to do that for Paul, you don't understand the quoit more than I do about flying to the moon :-)
You claim to get all these 'feelings', that great, but it obviously doesn't help you to understand them. I never go by feeling but by what I see before me IN DETAIL.
Sorry, but that was a bit of a rant.

Read my other comment and you want to see what i've seen at Zennor before commenting on my feelings, i asked a question there and got shown everything, It will blow your mind and proves the old drawing to be right, these people didn't think like modern builders, I'll show you if your ever down this way.

I'm looking forward to that as I love the place.

It's so simple, but would be very hard to explain and very very easy to show you, and it all clicked into place for me by going there and believing the old drawing [which as you know i'd never done], when your next down give us a shout and i'll meet you there or you can grap me on the way there, anytime you like, I'd love to show you the things i've learnt at Zennor, Mulfra and bosporthennis Quoits, all simple but unknown things, I really understand what you said about you knowing what you know about Trethevy by spending so long there, because it's only by countless visits and hours at the sites that i've seen what i've seen, and i'd like to show you because apart from that i have no urge to show or tell anyone else and if i'm right would lay no claim on the knowledge myself, i just want to show you, it really should have been last year when you were writing your book but things went pearshaped for awhile, I really think the key to understanding trethevy better is Zennor, did you learn much from Zennor Roy?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index