Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger
Mar 08, 2013, 17:03
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
It's a step in the right direction, now it's important that at the very least nothing bigger than sheep are ever in the field, it really needs buying up by the NT and just mowing now and again and very soon you'd have lovely rare wild flowers growing in the field within a few years and all the others creatures that would bring, i must say up in Scotland they're very good at mowing grass at the looked after ancient sites, they even do the Clava cairns every couple of weeks in the summer to keep it nice, now that's a job eh, gardening and keeping tidy Ancient sites, there should be teams out there to look after them and do the gardening, i can think of a few people on here [myself included] that would love to do that if it was a real job, in fact it would be the best job in the world, shame it doesn't exist.

After seeing the video I took the other week, a certain gentleman mentioned recently who featured the quoit in his book in the 80's, commented on 'How distressing it was' seeing it in its present condition!

Any info on it's movement from him Roy? did he have any thoughts? i do realise it would probably be foolish for him to comment over the computer but it may have been that obvious to him, if you'd like to keep it to yourself i'd understand that as well.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index