tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Just messing.
Mar 09, 2013, 09:38
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Playing around with the flankers and the capstones points of contact with them i guess it's pretty fair to say (and quite obvious imo) that it's gonna eventually slip off to the SW. Until you look closely you couldn't imagine the minimal contact it has with stone 4, basically the only thing keeping it from going. :O

http://oi50.tinypic.com/241s1mx.jpg

Other thoughts: If the fallen stone was supportive, and given it's height, that'd make it and the closure stone the only supports ?
I'm finding more questions than answers, but i'm not sure if what i'm coming up with is just pure bollocks because i'm looking so hard for something. :/

Btw Roy, do you consider the slope/angle on stone 4 significant ?

Four stones are out of position!

What ?
That involves an incredible amount of unlikely playing about with components of which there is no evidence elsewhere of anything similar , compared with the simple explanation of a one off event which has been noted elsewhere i.e. the collpase of a backstone .
The evidence to support that is going to have to be pretty overwhelming .

It is George and why should there be evidence of anything similar? Something happend at Trethevy that set off a chain reaction which wouldn't always be replicated elsewhere. I've given you the clues...

Right, busy day ahead with dogs and puppies

Quite a few portal dolmens have collpased , there is no evidence of restoration (never mind one involving multiple structural components ) apart from contemporary .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index