433 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Just messing.
Mar 09, 2013, 06:44
harestonesdown wrote:
Playing around with the flankers and the capstones points of contact with them i guess it's pretty fair to say (and quite obvious imo) that it's gonna eventually slip off to the SW. Until you look closely you couldn't imagine the minimal contact it has with stone 4, basically the only thing keeping it from going. :O

http://oi50.tinypic.com/241s1mx.jpg

Other thoughts: If the fallen stone was supportive, and given it's height, that'd make it and the closure stone the only supports ?
I'm finding more questions than answers, but i'm not sure if what i'm coming up with is just pure bollocks because i'm looking so hard for something. :/

Btw Roy, do you consider the slope/angle on stone 4 significant ?

Well done Geoff you're starting to think about it instead of believing everything our peers have concluded. I gave you all a clue a couple of days ago that you must implement. Four stones are out of position!
The 'slope' on stone 4 is not significant but consider its height and the last sentence!
George and I discussed the fallen stone/closure stone/capstone combination a few days back and showed that if the fallen stone was indeed the backstone then the initial structure would have taken the shape of a trilithon. It wasn't and it didn't.
And yes, you are at a disadvantage because you cant just sit and look at it like I could/can 'in the flesh' so to speak.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index