Voting for the lesser of two evils

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: guarding vans
Sep 04, 2002, 14:43
I have always had a problem with the concept of class. I think it has been said already that it was a system created by the 'upper' fuckers - the 'lower' ones being the ones who are getting fucked by them!

My folks too were working class and did well for themselves (mainly through not persuing the classic 'working-class' habits of drinking, smoking and gambling) and now own a nice farm house in Wales. I have benefitted enormously from their good planning and 'sensible' living.

However, I do not consider myself or my parents to have ever been working class - nor do I think of them as 'upper', 'middle', 'upper-middle' or anything else for that matter. To accept a place on this crap scale of social class is to bow down to those that consider themselves on the higher tiers of society. Well, fuck them! At the very least I am their equal (in everything apart from money), but in reality I am superior in that I do not need to impose or adhere to a stupid social stratafication system for protection from the problems in the world.

When the upper fuckers look at the poor they can absolve thier guilt by thinking (and/or saying) "Oh, it's alright. They're working class. Of course they're poor!"

Anyone who subscribes to a class system is a fool, in my opinion. Subscribing to it is accepting it. How will it disappear if it is accepted by those that it is in place to demoralise. Yes, it exists - this stinking class system exists - but you don't have to join in.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index