Voting for the lesser of two evils

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: top class
Sep 04, 2002, 14:26
well, it looks like we'll be on opposite sides of the barricades come the revolution.

The working class is the tool used by the elite to perpetuate the global capitalist system that is destroying the planet. You're welcome to it. Join with your comrades in the factories and the offices and rejoice at your role in the despoiling of the planet. Pump more effluent into our rivers and claw more coal from the ground to fill our skies with toxic chemicals. And do all of this safe in the knowledge that the fat white men at the very top of the chain aren't even being made all that happy by the wealth you're generating for them.

The working class is a product of industrialism and capitalism in the same way as serfdom was a product of feudalism. To find solidarity in class is to perpetuate a system that i genuinely believe is slowly killing the planet we live on.

You say that "class is a reality". Yeah, well so are lots of things that i believe are bad for humanity, and bad for the planet. I don't choose to aid in perpetuating them just because they exist. That's plain ludicrous.

It is my honest opinion that if we are to avoid a global catastrophy over the next couple of decades that we need a complete shift in the way we look at the world. And at each other. We need to forget about class division, about historical grievances, about ethnic differences and religious intolerance. We need to completely restructure the way we run our world.

And this cannot be done by "the working class". It has to be done by us all. By the professionals; the doctors and engineers. By the scientists, the farmers, the artists and the financiers.

It won't happen of course. Not a fucking hope. We'll just keep trundling along towards the cliff on a bus belching burnt petrol. And when we get there; all your cries of class struggle will be just part of the cacophany of division. Along with jewish fanatics baying for arab blood, islamic fanatics baying for jewish blood, serbs and bosnians, hutus and tutsis, protestants and catholics.

=====================
i speak not The Truth
just my opinion
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index