Voting for the lesser of two evils

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: errr...
Sep 04, 2002, 15:09
bloody hell, i spend half an hour writing an intemperate reply to what you'd put, and then you go and get all reasonable on me!

okay, yup i agree with a lot of what you say. but i do think you're view of the far left is a bit stuck in the 70's/80's. i think it has moved on a bit since then and there is a great recognition of the need to drastically change what it is that the factories we hope to take over will do. actually this has gone on for a while as well, think of the old line of 'turning swords into plughshares', or there was the 'alternative lucas plan' in the (?) 70's, which was all about taking a near bankrupt engineering form producing mainly crap for weapons/cars, and producing socially useful goods.

most of the (not completely mad) left now orientate themselves around the issues that originated in the 'green'movement (for cynical reasons perhaps, but still, they are there, and doing it seriously), the SWP is greatly criticised on the left because it DOESN'T criticise the likes of George Monbiot and Naomi Klein (peeps who want a nice reformed capitalism). Like, crazy man.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index