Voting for the lesser of two evils

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

top class
Sep 04, 2002, 14:08
class is a reality, like it or not. you sell your labour, or you exploit other peoples labour, simple as that. some people get reasonably well paid to sell there labour (like your dad it sounds like), others get paid shit (like the majority of us sadly). that doesn't FUNDAMENTALLY alter the class position (c'mon, you were a marxist for at least a few years, you must remember this stuff). In the (classical) marxist analysis there is no such thing as 'middle-class', thats just a sociologists description (and fuck sociologists, what did they ever do for us eh?). Of course with the change in ones wealth standing, one may well change ones general political and social views and attitudes, in fact it probably is the norm to do so - but it's not necessary.

As you say, working-classdom is a progression from serfdom, it is another division within our society that we should be aiming to get rif of, but that doesn't mean we can just pretend it isn't there! our lives are still ruled by class (the ruling-class most especially of course), and that decides a hell of a lot of our position in much of life, our job, our home, our friends, or bloody lifespan.

and its thru class action i think we can change trhings - cos to change society we have to look at where power actually lies. and here, it's in the workplace, where the bosses - those people who really control the world - make there money. and so that's where we are in the best position to attack them. we may well want a world where the central values we are concerned with are human dignity and the value of life, but we don't have one yet. and until there is a fairly equal distribution of wealth, there isnt going to be such a world. sure a few of us in the well off west can pretend to live that life - ignoring the vast majority of the worlds (and even 'our own' countrys') population who arent in such a fortunate position. thats why the first task is to create an economic system where there is a real chance of such equality.
and THAT is how we may get to abolish class - something that yes, desperately needs to be done, cos there are far far more than enough divisions in this world already.

don't get me started on the dalai fucking llama, piece of fucking shit scum who should be fucking shot (and yes i would very gladly do it myself). worse than fucking thatcher.

love peace and fuck (the dalai llama;)
rich
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index