Voting for the lesser of two evils

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: who exploits who?
Sep 06, 2002, 13:29
You undoubtedly have something of a point. To go to either extreme - of saying its entirely the consumers fault, or its not at all the consumers fault - is incorrect.

But I do not accept this notion of choice at all. Yes there are lots of little manufacturers, but they are hardly any diffeent to the 'big boys', just less successfyul. And they sell the same tat as the others, frequently paying even WORSE wages. Our choices are dictated to us, they are overwhelmingly a con. Now there are various 'ethical' companies of course, but for one thing i dispute quite a bit of their ethics too - i'll say it again, many are just the same as the big boys, or would be oif they could become as bigm, which is there aim after all.
shit holes like the Body Shop, shoot that bloody woman, steals designs and recipes, pays workers shit, alows no unions, all round scumbag. personally, i hate capitalism, its tat that screws tyhnigs up, so i don't think it is possible to have an ethical version when the whole basis of the system is anti-ethical. you can just have a version that is a bit nicer than another version. and while, okay, that would be a good thing, it would be even better to get rid of the lot of it, and replace it with a system that actually IS based upon respect for human beings.

You cannot realy know exactly where you're money is going when you buy anything. No matter what they tell you, the fuckers lie! And can't be trusted. Sadly this is often the case with little independent manufaturers as well as the multinational scum.

Thats not to say you should completely ignore what you buy and where from, just that i dont think it is an effective method of trying to improve the majority of peoples lives to spend all your time doing so. And it does take a fair bit of time making sure everything you buy is (pseudo)ethical.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index