how deep is your love?

110 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tuesday
tuesday
280 posts

Re: how dowse is your love?
Nov 04, 2005, 18:15
Mike, a 'megalithic culture' erected the stones defacto. you can claim that they weren't human, existed 100,000 years ago or whatever you believe - if you like - but if you are going to dismiss the science and work of an awful lot of people as 'lies' you need to be able to very clearly and simply set out your stall - maybe on your website - with reasons for this alleged conspiracy and something to backup your claims as well as details of what those claims actually are - well, if you want to have any kind of meaningful dialogue anyway.

What it seems like, forgive me, is that you have had some strong experiences and have developed some equally strong convictions which you want to convince others of but that everytime you are challenged, you shift ground. You might find this romantic or mercurial but in fact it's just irritating - particularly to those who were interested to hear what you had to say. Peppering various posts with non-sequiterial, illogical claims and allusions makes it difficult to to be taken seriously and expecting people you don't know to believe fairly outlandish claims on your say so is rather - er, arrogant.

I saw a man appear out of thin air on Russell Square tube station in 2002. Am I mad? Am I in possession of secret wisdom? Have I been chosen? Am I special? Should you believe me? NO!.......Why? Because I have absolutely no proof or witnesses - apart from my girlfriend who only saw my consternation - not the event. If you did believe me without those things, I would think you naive. People do have powerful psychic insights - but there's no love in claiming yours is right and everyone else's is wrong. And. however powerful the insight, it's still subjective ....and impermanent!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index