how deep is your love?

110 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: how deep is your love?
Nov 02, 2005, 07:20
One small point. Sentences like "try to get in your heads why circles were built ?" are never going to win you friends.

You'd be amazed at what some of the people on here actually do think. Very few will subscribe to your earth energy theories, but there's some pretty odd beliefs amongdt us - and I'm not just talking about Mike Croley here.

Personally, I reckon Alfred Watkins is spinning in his grave at what people have turned his Old Straight Track into. His ideas have been twisted almost beyond recognition by the Ley Hunter crowd. I've seen many a map of Cork with lines drawn this way and that. I've even speculated about some straight lines formed by sites myself. However, no one has ever shown me anything that takes in all the monuments in Cork or even the majority of them. If it can't be done for such a small area with many hundreds of monuments then I doubt it can be done over a wider area.

For me the siting of many monuments is about what's around it, not the place itself. What's nice about this idea is that it is demonstrable to anyone. Whether it stands up to scientific analysis is yet to be seen.

As an afterthought, if you seriously believe that you can do what you say then why not become a millionaire? It's oh so easy: http://www.randi.org/library/dowsing/index.html
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index