how deep is your love?

110 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tuesday
tuesday
280 posts

Re: how dowse is your love?
Nov 02, 2005, 11:27
Er, yes Cropredy. I don't mind threads going off the subject - that's one of the delights here - and I find your ideas - like Mike Croley's - sometimes interesting. I do think though - that like Mike - you do others here a disservice by claiming superior knowledge without giving any evidence or substantiation - other than the rather forboding condescension that we too,in time, will realise the truth. Perhaps. But it just feels like the usual blind faith oppressiveness of fundamentalists of whatever creed the world over - however gently attired.

I think I understand what it is to have completely convincing, 'road to damascus', white light, revelatory experiences but I don't see why you need to suspend your rational faculties, expect others to believe your version of things because of your conviction or pity them if they don't.

It seems to me, that most people here are fairly open minded - but you need to offer something more than "I know it's true' - particularly when - like Mike - you're very evasive when asked for specifics.

anyway best wishes old sport - I'm all ears....
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index