The weekend

138 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: I know I'm right
May 18, 2004, 20:10
That's not to say that being very focused and daydreaming couldn't produce the same effects. The act of being very focused on one thing to the exclusion of all things around you is very similar to that of being focused on nothing.

However, it is just possible that the very focused nature of my mind there and then put it in the right state to recieve any recording if (and I echo your big IF) that's what it was.

A further comment from Lethbridge's proposals on this comes into play here. Supposing that someone had walked along the line I had in the past and had witnessed the scene I 'saw'. As this registered in their mind and memory, could that have been recorded somehow? Memory would seem to be the storage of patterns in an organic substance - a process we really don't understand at all. Was I getting a replay of what someone else saw instead of a replay of the man himself? If the scene witnessed by this other person had for some reason made a significant impression upon the viewer perhaps the process of memory was amplified and recorded externally. If that makes sense. In this case you are not actually seeing the image, but are experiencing the residue of someone's thought patterns. Your brain would obviously try and interpret these and present you with an image that it thinks fits - the most likely image would be a person, even if the original object seen was something different.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index