The weekend

138 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Yes, but...
May 18, 2004, 10:37
>> Why would humans or anything else leave a 'recording' of having been in a specific place? We're just meaningless
>> blobs of water. All this talk of TV and cassette recorders is missing the point a bit (IMHO).

It depends upon your interpretation of 'ghosts'. If you think of them as being the spirit of a dead person come back to haunt you then I agree that the term is tosh. If you look at a TV picture and realise that what you are seeing is a projection of something that is no longer there and no longer exists then what you are seeing is a 'ghost' of what you are being shown. It is not missing the point but making it entirely in this context.

We are not just blobs of meaningless water though are we. We are very sophisticated electrical devices - as is all life. We are powered and controlled with electricity. If something electrical passes through a magnetic of electrical field it will cause a reaction. Why people and cats/dogs? perhaps they have sufficient electrical pattern to cause the recording to happen.

>> Anyone who's dropped acid (not that I'm condoning that sort of thing) would be able to describe some pretty
>> vivid visual effects that were real enough to them.

Been there, done that, tie-dyed the t-shirt and I would heartily recommend it to anyone to which it would cause no medical harm :-)

I am in no way saying that I believe any of this to be true. <b>I do know that I can not catagorically say that it is not true though</b>. Having realised that some forms of dowsing have a good scientific basis, which 30 years ago woud not have been available to me (please ignore that I would only have been 6 years old :-), I feel I can't just dismiss an idea on the grounds that I can't see a scientific explanation. One day a solid explanation will come along that will prove or disprove it. Until then I will look at everything, but will still react to anyone saying that something is fact based on a few observations and a desire to sell a book :-)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index