The weekend

Pages: 14 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

The weekend
May 17, 2004, 12:01
Wasn't full of sites but I did get 2+ hours walking about Anglezarke on my own yesterday evening which was very very nice.

So where did everyone else enjoy the gorgeous weather? :)
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Re: The weekend
May 17, 2004, 12:10
I had a blast of a day on Saturday. Discovered 2 new Roman Fords and an unknown ME-wooden bridge. Very little on the Megalithic side of things.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

May 17, 2004, 12:19
I was 500m up a mountain over a mile from the nearest road listening to cuckoos in the valley below, skylarks overhead and chuffs somewhere. Saw a ghost too.

You gotta love being in the middle of nowhere!
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

mad dogs
May 17, 2004, 12:39
Sat at Captain Cook's Monument on Easby Moor admiring the Vale of Cleveland and mulled over one of my latest obsessions - the prehistoric significance of the Cleveland Dyke.
The moor was invaded by orienteers having great fun, running around all over the shop wearing bizarre lycra pyjamas - it was far too hot for such nonsense .
There was also a gadgie with a paraglider who kept jumping off the scarp only to land a minute or two later at the bottom of the bank. It all looked too much like hard work to me so I retired to a local pub and got wasted on Everards & grilled seabass.
All in all a lovely time,
thanks for askin'
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

May 17, 2004, 13:09
I went up to Yorks on Friday night (gah! I hate the M1 through Leics and Notts) to see Moth with a mission to clear out all the accumulated 'stuff' in his outhouse and garden on Saturday in enough time to whizz over to try to find http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/489

But three trips to the dump later, we were too knackered and couldn't face the drive :-(

So we had a Chinky and laughed all the way through Eurovision instead.

But I did go up to the White Horse and Wayland's with my daughter Cleo and her German exchange student last Wednesday night. Cleo gave me very strict instructions not to mention the war. In the interests of Anglo-German relations I managed to resist telling her that the White Horse had been allowed to green-over during the war so as not to act as a guide for the Luftwaffe. As Basil himself said: 'forgive and forget, Major!'

J
x
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

May 17, 2004, 13:17
A stone circle with no pictures on TMA and you didn't make it?

I'm disapointed in you both :p
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

May 17, 2004, 13:23
So were we :-(
But it was hot and we were tired and needed a lie down ;-p

We'll make it to Casterton another time. But it'll have to be quite soon. Moth will've left Yorkshire in a few weeks to move to Oxford. Can't think why...
J
x
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

May 17, 2004, 13:54
Our first weekend off from mega-hunting for a while now. We planned to go to the Rudston monolith and the surrounding area, but the garden needed attention, so we settled for a 4.5 mile amble around the river Tees at Barnard Castle and visited Egglestone Abbey before returning to the mowing, weeding, planting and cleaning up the garden furniture. Mind you we were then able to eat outside for the first time this year and washed it all down with a lovely bottle of Alsace Reisling.
rocknicker
rocknicker
908 posts

May 17, 2004, 15:08
I went to Mayburgh and Long Meg and met a nice Dutchman.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

May 17, 2004, 15:16
Pray tell all sir, about the ghost?
(((yaLi)))
Pages: 14 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index