Topic View: Flat | Threaded
hedgedruid
87 posts

Re: Climbing on Standing Stones
Mar 06, 2012, 13:01
tjj wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
The Eternal wrote:
Whilst I haven't read most of the posts, those I have read have confirmed one thing: TMA members seem to be in agreement for once, which has to be good.

Hello TE, I think perhaps you need to read more of the posts. :-)

I was thinking this too tsc and dropped out of the discussion after the remark about 'old biddies taking photographs being just as much desecrators as louts ...'. Speaking as a mature female person this stung momentarily but it certainly won't stop me pursuing an activity which gives me a great deal of stimulation and enjoyment; and of course, out of respect, I won't be climbing/sitting on any ancient stones. Here's to fresh air, the walk, the buzzard overhead and the occasional sighting of deer or a fox - as we make our way to some of the more out of the way ancient sites. Keep on keeping on!!

Edit: Just in case someone says I've misquoted - this is a copy and paste of what was written ...

Not much of a rumble if everyone wants to get on to old biddies taking pictures but not the louts taking a piss.....treat 'em all as the desecrators they are!

Wow , what a response from everybody - love the end part of this one - to be outside with the buzzard overhead visiting an out of the way site thats the best for me too. even us older pagans get a rush on those days ,particularly if its warm !!!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index