Climbing on Standing Stones

353 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
VBB
558 posts

Re: Climbing on Standing Stones
Feb 24, 2012, 09:05
Resonox wrote:
Its all very confusing...it seems it is OK to complain about people climbing on stones if they are carrying beer cans but not if they are carrying a camera....It is OK to pee on stones if you are highlighting rock art but not if you are just peeing...it is OK to climb on stones to discover/verify markings but not to climb on them for climbing's sake...I't is OK to climb on stones if you respect them but disrespect other people's feelings because you are "unconventrional" but not vice versa....etc etc...I'll stick with my own non-climbing stance. which should offend no-one...and still I'll berate anyone I see climbing on them....to paraphrase a well known saying...For this practice to thrive it only takes one good person to say nothing. So come on...be good people stand up for your heart's feelings.

Bravo! Bravo!

And let's sing, sing... I'm a stone fan and I'm alright, I want respect and don't want to fight. I photograph stones, I like lichens, barrows and earthworks, I want you all to respect them too and have no time for jerks...

Perhaps it would have been better with "We can work it out" :)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index