204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw? Dowsing
May 25, 2012, 08:58
Resonox wrote:
It was very interesting...I'd like to have been there...not to pour on cold water or scorn...just to see it first hand. Would your friend object to you posting her original drawing and jottings?....I was interested in the burial bit...(though I did find it a bit Derek Acorah in its vagueness, even if a skeleton was to be found there..and it was the wrong sex...and, not saying your friend would claim it but "psychics" when they get something wrong have a pat answer...'The spirits get this wrong sometimes!', 'He had feminine traits!' etc..and after all its a 50/50 chance of being right...would be a turn up if an animal was found though...lol)...However, looking at your picture...it does have a look of similar "corner tombs" in Brittany, where it is suggested that builders of monuments are buried....only suggested mind, I heard a man tell his wife (on Le Petit Train through Carnac) that these were burials of sacrificed "builders"...much the same way that people still put a coin in the corner of a new house(a practice even Romans carried out)...I failed to manage to have a chat with the man afterwards....Sorry waffling on....
It was an interesting attempt to try something out for yourself and whether you believe it or not it still had some interesting results and the original jottings would be equally interesting.

Here's the drawing Resonox.
https://picasaweb.google.com/100525707086862773355/20120525DowsersDrawingOfKAH?authkey=Gv1sRgCLjIiIOtweKgDQ#5746370063969634114

To help decipher the writing.....
Firstly the N has been added by myself to denote the Northen end of the site.
The 'remains' are indicated by her written word and a X, whilst the other two X's are where she said the buried triangular stones would be found.
The wording under the drawing says..Covered Hall and Res for reservoir. The NO between them means just that, it was not covered and was not a reservoir!
Then there is NO against Cock Fighting (still find that strange) but it was a meeting place for humans!
The 3x ledges means it was dug out to bedrock but in shelving form (seating possible?) my words and thoughts not hers.
Then the age...just over 6,000 years.

When she mentioned the shelving it didn't register at the time but have a look at this photo at something I've noticed. It's taken from the southern end from the trackway in. To the right edge is where the southern banking starts so therefore the beginning of the rectangular 'basin'. Notice how the reeded grass is much taller and thicker there for about a third of the way up the basin and also around the margins but wetter and a different type of weed is showing in the middle to northern area. This indicates to me a shallower end under the reeds with a deeper section further on. The 'shelving' begins to make sense to me now!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/100525707086862773355/ShelvedIdentification?authkey=Gv1sRgCN24-7KE-YiLjAE#5746367706961202018
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index