Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Trees and stones with powers to throw?

204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw?
May 21, 2012, 21:45
Littlestone wrote:
I may have missed it, but with the exception of Sweep’s post here he seems to have actually avoided using the expression ‘earth energies’. Where he has used the words he’s either put them in parenthesis or qualified them with “whatever they are”. In fact, in all his posts he’s been at pains to point out that in his view, “...we need an empirical approach, and well-devised testing, and we need to eliminate as many spurious considerations as possible.” And, “Personally I'd very much like to see some proper, controlled testing carried out. The phenomenon does occur, and I'd like to have more idea what it is and also weed out the charlatans, self-deceivers and dramas-merchants and focus on the responsible people.”

That seems fair enough. Sweep has demonstrated an interest in a mystery, one which apparently he has first-hand knowledge of, and has gone to some lengths to point out that in his view he’d, “...like to see some proper, controlled testing carried out.”

Just read this bit of the thread with interest. Great to read such a well-put point of view as Sweep's. Nothing of use to add, but it's pretty much a given that there are plenty of scientific phenomena that we (as yet) know little of and understand less about. "There are more things in heaven and earth ... than are dreamt of in your philosophy" etc.

Nice to see someone arguing for a proper scientific investigation while not already dismissing some of the possible findings out of hand before starting.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index