Trees and stones with powers to throw?

Pages: 21 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

Trees and stones with powers to throw?
May 01, 2012, 12:08
OK..I am busy at work so i will make this brief. Just had a phonecall from a man in Suffolk asking if I know anything about a stone on Bodmin Moor that if you get too close to it throws you across the ground! He claimed he had been told about it at a recent conference on dowsing. He then started going on about a group of three trees near Tendring in Essex that had similar properties.

Does this mean anything to anybody?

Mr H
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw?
May 01, 2012, 12:42
I understand some of the dowsing crew believe that one (?) of the stones at Stanton Drew holds an 'energy' that is supposed to be able to cause people to feel as if they've been shoved to the ground. Not heard anything similar for Bodmin though...
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

May 01, 2012, 13:12
I have given him Cheryl's contact details.....if anybody knows she will.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 01, 2012, 13:24
Mr Hamhead wrote:
OK..I am busy at work so i will make this brief. Just had a phonecall from a man in Suffolk asking if I know anything about a stone on Bodmin Moor that if you get too close to it throws you across the ground! He claimed he had been told about it at a recent conference on dowsing. He then started going on about a group of three trees near Tendring in Essex that had similar properties.

Does this mean anything to anybody?

Mr H

I have a friend who dowsers and is part of a group in Launceston I believe Mark. I'll ask her is she knows about this. Any mention of where exactly the stone is on BM?
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

May 01, 2012, 18:16
Yes, it means someone's been talking bollocks! ;^)

love

WickedMoth
cerrig
187 posts

May 01, 2012, 18:37
This is the stone in question at Stanton Drew . It's either being scientifically tested for it's throwing ability, or this is Eddie the Eagles legendary secret training camp.

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=a312&file=index&do=showpic&pid=88593&orderby=dateD
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

May 01, 2012, 22:30
I have to say that is my view on it...but it would still be nice to know which stone is supposed to have these powers?

Mr H
Resonox
604 posts

May 02, 2012, 21:18
Mr Hamhead wrote:
I have to say that is my view on it...but it would still be nice to know which stone is supposed to have these powers?

Mr H

Well you've heard the expression..."Its only a stone's throw from here!"
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

May 08, 2012, 19:16
Now turns out the stone in question is not on Bodmin Moor but on Dartmoor..it is the end stone at Merrivale.
The gentleman who contacted me is out to prove that stones do not have these powers (nor do trees in Essex). He feels people should not be allowed to make statements like this without scientific proof.

As someone who does not believe in ley lines and never gets any 'feeling' when near stones I would be interested in what others think about his thoughts. I know many of you do believe in the powers stones can have and that is fine by me, but scientifically can this ever be proved?

Discuss......
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

May 08, 2012, 19:40
Some of these episodes were recorded in Very Old Books and must therefore be True, surely?
Pages: 21 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index