Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Trees and stones with powers to throw?

204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Resonox
604 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw?
May 10, 2012, 17:16
There has been an awful lot of discussion about people with "powers", I have been on the side of the doubters because no-one is willing to prove they actually have these self-proclaimed powers ...as Nigel (I think )said...the mere presence of a doubter seems to inhibit these powers from working slightly/completely/at all. A dowser on national radio claimed "only 3% of people can dowse naturally" then bingo (as if by magic) this wondrous figure was being bandied about like winning lottery numbers. In a discussion with a dowser with exceptional, yet unwitnessed talents in this direction he accused me of being jealous as I was one of the 97%. I countered with the point that if 3% of humans could dowse naturally what percentage dowsed UNnaturally(no answer), I also pointed out...3% of the human population is a hell of a lot of people all with this power (answer..not all choose to use their power). I then asked if it is indeed a power or is it a gift (no answer). Then to top it all of I was told I had this power...but being as I was "in severe denial" I would never be able to use it, so I then asked if it was my own ability which was impeding people around me with the gift and who chose to use it from being able to dowse in my presence( answer...Thats it in a nutshell)....Nope sorry...only people who feel a need to be more SPECIAL than their fellow man are those who claim (and can't prove) powers.
BTW..I do NOT doubt dowsing works....for detecting streams (running water creates sound , vibration and possibly e-m fields)...but it is an urban myth that Water Board officials carry dowsing rods as a matter of general practice...the right-angled rods they carry are used to put in drilled holes and listen to water running in pipes and pump operations...though a good few wags will tell the gullible they are dowsing rods.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index