Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Trees and stones with powers to throw?

204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw?
May 09, 2012, 22:30
Mr Hamhead wrote:
Now turns out the stone in question is not on Bodmin Moor but on Dartmoor..it is the end stone at Merrivale.
The gentleman who contacted me is out to prove that stones do not have these powers (nor do trees in Essex). He feels people should not be allowed to make statements like this without scientific proof.

As someone who does not believe in ley lines and never gets any 'feeling' when near stones I would be interested in what others think about his thoughts. I know many of you do believe in the powers stones can have and that is fine by me, but scientifically can this ever be proved?

Discuss......

I find this a difficult one to answer because yes, I do get 'feelings' over some stones but normally they are collective stones as in a long barrow or tomb or a circle and I feel the ancestors. The setting they are in plays a huge part I'm sure but I have a friend who wont go near a certain stone for instance in a circle but has no problem with the others. I find that really odd but she is a dowser who seems to be very tuned in to things many of us just take for granted. She won't enter Duloe circle for love nor money and told me why. It was only when she explained that I began to 'see' what she was seeing, but it never bothered me and still doesn't. I think you either do or don't but it doesn't make you any more unusual than the next person.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index