Trees and stones with powers to throw?

204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Resonox
604 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw? Dowsing
May 24, 2012, 06:30
BuckyE wrote:
No, sorry, most brains do NOT have an innate drive to reach out beyond their inherited/taught/learned/imbibed/etc. limits. Present company excluded, of course.

They might have the capacity in some theoretical sense, but without that capacity being carefully nurtured, MOST brains never exercize it.

SOME brains seem to come with this "reaching out/creating/dicking with accepted norms" built in from the beginning, but those are few and very, very far between.

All brains do have the capacity...whether or not they use it is another matter for another discussion...we can and do all dream, wish and aspire...it is part of the brain's psyche...but as you say not everyone exercises(acts on?) this. Again I'll say...religion is the main holding back element for this....whether this is a guru/priest/shaman/pope telling us not to do this because it is his/her power granted by the deity/spirit/energy du choix and only he/she can guide us to enlightenment...You'll find many people on here have been following their own paths....I choose not to follow their directions, my prerogative, but because I don't agree with them doesn't mean I am saying they are wrong, in fact in their own way they are more correct than me as it could be argued...at least they have a path......in the meantime, I'll carry on dreaming because I can! :0)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index