Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Trees and stones with powers to throw?

204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw?
May 10, 2012, 15:59
Rhiannon wrote:
True I don't have to experience what she feels - but then I don't have to be able to experience it myself for it to be proved real. She may well be able to detect something somehow. The test would prove she was genuinely picking up something. Unless, as Nigel suggests, she wouldn't be able to do it with the encumberence of a blindfold.

I feel a bit like James Randi, I end up feeling a bit sorry for the people who come on his show because some of them are so earnest, it's not really that he wants to make them look foolish so much as make a point about scientific evidence. It makes me feel bad for insisting on evidence. But that's science for you. So I still want it. Otherwise how can I make an informed decision whether to believe such things or not? Or does it not matter and everyone should just believe whatever they like. See I just can't go for that.

I understand totally Rhiannon and take it as it comes. My friend doesn't push her thoughts or feelings onto anyone she keeps most of it to herself because of reactions such as this. She belongs to a small group of 'like-minded' folk who interestingly she says can all experience different 'feelings' for the same object/situation!!
I was at Stannon stone circle a couple of weeks ago and saw what I took to be an 'offering' on and next to the off-set central stone. It was a silver coloured chain necklace with charms on it and a broken flat stone with some sort of painted drawing on it. I emailed her some pix I took of the whole shebang including one of the 'offerings' but made no comment on any of them. They were just pix I sent to a few people and to the Fieldnotes I put on TMA. She mailed back picking out the offering pic saying how sad it was that someone so young (20 she said) had parted from a 17-20 year-old and had left something in rememberance of him/her. I assumed it was an offering but she saw it as something else without me even suggesting anything. That's it.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index