204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw? Dowsing
May 25, 2012, 06:56
Resonox wrote:
It was very interesting...I'd like to have been there...not to pour on cold water or scorn...just to see it first hand. Would your friend object to you posting her original drawing and jottings?....I was interested in the burial bit...(though I did find it a bit Derek Acorah in its vagueness, even if a skeleton was to be found there..and it was the wrong sex...and, not saying your friend would claim it but "psychics" when they get something wrong have a pat answer...'The spirits get this wrong sometimes!', 'He had feminine traits!' etc..and after all its a 50/50 chance of being right...would be a turn up if an animal was found though...lol)...However, looking at your picture...it does have a look of similar "corner tombs" in Brittany, where it is suggested that builders of monuments are buried....only suggested mind, I heard a man tell his wife (on Le Petit Train through Carnac) that these were burials of sacrificed "builders"...much the same way that people still put a coin in the corner of a new house(a practice even Romans carried out)...I failed to manage to have a chat with the man afterwards....Sorry waffling on....
It was an interesting attempt to try something out for yourself and whether you believe it or not it still had some interesting results and the original jottings would be equally interesting.

Yes I have the drawing. I'll scan it and post it later today. I'll also put fieldnotes in as a matter of course. I'll not take offence to anything anyone says about any of it as it doesn't alter my way I go about things. Dowsers have their ways I have mine but I thought it interesting and had a cracking day out in the most beautiful weather. I also have one or two things I noticed myself yesterday, but they are down to earth observations which I'll put in my fieldnotes.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index