Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Trees and stones with powers to throw?

204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw?
May 11, 2012, 08:03
Resonox wrote:
I tried dowsing as a youngster on the recommendation of the type of book as I mentioned earlier...but then I also tried ventriloquism and magic tricks.
I have a fair record of success just finding lost items (keys, rings etc) through logic, quite often retracing steps as you say. eg keys lost on a large playing field...I sat on a park bench and imagined what the key owner would have done.....hot day coat taken off...not put on the ground..so the only logical place was the horse trough(now used as a decorative planter)...there were the keys down the gap between the soil and the trough sides....guy was well impressed...and I could've quite easily pretended possessing abilities...but I didn't, I'm more the Conan-Doyle approach rather than the Von Daniken
If some stones ripped from the earth and shaped to man's designs and set in the ground can throw people about....why don't some natural paving flags do this too.."sensitive special power people" wouldn't be able to walk down streets..nor would they be able to lean on walls of old buildings etc...without being slung about like rag-dolls.There is a stock answer...but it is as convincing as the "3%" argument. I remain a doubter because of the selectiveness of the "phenomenom".

I read once that stones that did emit power were placed over 'blind springs' (Mitchel?) and it was also the blind springs that annimals congregated over because they, being animals, still had the ability to 'feel' this where man had now lost it. I think we all have to admit to finding peace and tranquility in/on certain places/spots and return to them in momemts of stress or uncertainty in our lives.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index