Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Trees and stones with powers to throw?

204 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Resonox
604 posts

Re: Trees and stones with powers to throw?
May 22, 2012, 06:45
Littlestone wrote:
Resonox wrote:
I really can't continue to cast doubt on your feelings and beliefs without sounding as though I'm denigrating you for them...suffice to say they are your beliefs....and my disbeliefs and I don't think the twain shall meet without ending up as a full scale argument....but I do take your point that someone like me...a self-avowed sceptic...would be as prone to subconciously affecting a tester as much as you might only in a differing direction...it'd be a bit hard to get anyone without feelings on the subject one way or the other to be truly objective. I still won't be convinced unkown, unprovable earth energies exist...if there are rod influencing powers at work they are understandably natural, I know, if I may put words in your mouth(...change and adapt as needed)you'll tell me earth energies are natural too yet you'll say they are not electro-magnetic, sun-spot, gravitational or water-flow affected....So can we say it is God or faeries at work...it is as feasible as any other unprovable reason.

I may have missed it, but with the exception of Sweep’s post here he seems to have actually avoided using the expression ‘earth energies’. Where he has used the words he’s either put them in parenthesis or qualified them with “whatever they are”. In fact, in all his posts he’s been at pains to point out that in his view, “...we need an empirical approach, and well-devised testing, and we need to eliminate as many spurious considerations as possible.” And, “Personally I'd very much like to see some proper, controlled testing carried out. The phenomenon does occur, and I'd like to have more idea what it is and also weed out the charlatans, self-deceivers and dramas-merchants and focus on the responsible people.”

That seems fair enough. Sweep has demonstrated an interest in a mystery, one which apparently he has first-hand knowledge of, and has gone to some lengths to point out that in his view he’d, “...like to see some proper, controlled testing carried out.”

In which case I will catergorically state then that God (whatever it is) exists because there has been recorded yet unexplained happenings attributed to him/her/it(whatever it might be) for as long as mankind has had the abilities to pass on records from generation to generation and remember this passed on information(even though it may have been blurred at the edges by the re-telling or had extra spin added to embellish it). These God(whatever it is) stories have been ongoing in every corner of the globe even amongst "uncivilised" tribes...each God(whatever it is) takes the form that whoever describes him/her/it decides and remember that these tales are millennia older than claims of dowsing for earth energies(whatever they are....hope I'm not over-quantifying?) It is about time, in my view, that we
as beings of limited knowledge(though there are some who claim first hand knowledge of proof, other than blind faith and "I said so" that God whatever it is , exists and we dismiss them as nutters..that is a generic "we" I am not saying anyone here has denigrated a person for their wacky beliefs) set up scientific proper controlled testing to discover what creates the phenomenom of God(whatever it is) and the "miracles" attributed to him/her/it!
;0P.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index