Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: The Pagan 'problem'
Oct 03, 2010, 19:34
tiompan wrote:
The Eternal wrote:

A fairly recent one I heard was that of the Euromillions lottery. The National Lottery has a 14 million to one chance of being won, but the Euromillions one has a few hundred million to one chance (can't quite remember the correct figure), but they compared it to picking up your phone, dialling a random number, and the Queen picking up the other end.

Regards,
TE.

The German lottery was won in 1995 and 1986 with an identical combination of numbers ;15-25-27-30-42-48 . It is perceived as being a coincidence but there was 25% chance of that two winning combinations would be identical over that period .

Just going through my emails and there is one of those 'pass it on' ones that I normally delete straight away. This one was a series of Northern Lights photos taken at Yellowknife, Canada. The final photo was a rare 'fire rainbow' with this text (copied):
CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20.000 FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.

The email was called "Northern Lights+Nature=God" - won't comment on that, only mention it here as another example of one the thousands of extraordinary 'coincidences' that occur in nature on a daily basis.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index