132 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Re: The Pagan 'problem'
Sep 25, 2010, 23:31
tjj wrote:
That's right Gladman, if the honey monster helps me through the day its no-one's business but my own ... and I really don't see what war criminals Bush and Blair have to do with it. Everyone knows the invasion of Iraq was about Power and Greed. As it happens I don't believe in the honey monster or any other religion but I do defend the individual's right to practice religion according to their own conscience - which is not the same as advocating terrorism or fundamentalism. Otherwise its a return to the oppressive atheistic regimes of Stalin's Soviet Union and Mao Tse Tung's China ... or for that matter any totalitarian regime (Nazi Gemany!!!).

That's all I have to say on this thread ... peace and good will to all (and it aint even xmas).

Hi June,

Nice day at Cherhill by the look of it...

What Bush and Blair have to do with it is that they use their own religious beliefs (which ultimately are no more compelling, no more or less true than anyone else's) to justify actions that have immense repercussions for millions of other people.

Whereas my belief in the Honey Monster is not hurting anyone, because I'm not doing what he "tells" me to do and then using that as a justification.

What's that Honey M? Do what to next door's cat?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index