132 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Sep 26, 2010, 16:40
Re: The Pagan 'problem'
Sep 26, 2010, 13:00
Some very interesting and valid points there Gladman.

One thing that genuinely intrigues me is, why do the orthodox Darwinians behave so hysterically when the thorny question of the inconsistencies and gaping holes in the fossil record are mentioned eg. Stephen Gould, Prof. of Zoology and Geology at Harvard :'The fossil record offers no support for gradual change', and David Schnidel, Prof. Of Zoology at Yale : 'transitions between presumed ancestors and descendants are missing' (Nature journal).

To question what is still only a theory, no matter how widely held, is treated tantamount to heresy, and can result in exactly the same 'righteous' fury as from any past/present prevailing Religious Orthodoxy. It is automatically assumed that one must be a deluded creationist/fundamentalist Christian, or just plain insane, rather than posessing an open, curious and enquring mind. I don't belive in any GOD in the terms set down by organised religious institutions, and I personally believe that science and intelligent spirituality can easily co-exist. I personally find the Chaos theory approach to Evolution a fascinating alternate possibility as well. Maybe Fred Hoyle, the emminent Astronomer/Cosmolgist was on to something when he posited that the random chance creation of life forms was similar to the chances of ' a tornado sweeping through a junkyard and assembling a Boeing 747'. It certainly makes one think.

(Edited for typos and clarity).
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index